Adb Safety and Training Ltd
( HSG 47 ) Avoiding Danger from Underground Services
Endorsed by EUSR this training package deals with the theory and practical application of Location of Utility Services using principles laid down in HSG 47 .
This one day course covers the theory and practical elements enabling a thorough knowledge / understanding of HS (G) 47 and how cable avoidance tools can be employed in a Construction environment.
- Legislation pertaining to underground services.
- Avoiding damage to underground services.
- Underground services colour coding system.
- Site / street furniture identification.
- Utility Plans & their limitations.
- Detection of underground services using up to date cable avoidance tools (CAT4+ & Genny4+ for example).
- Detection of underground services using Genny mode with induction clamp and direct connection and nulling out..
- Understand up to date legislative requirements and implications of HS (G) 47.
- Identify the dangers associated with working near underground services.
- Practical application of cable avoidance tools
On successful completion the candidate will be receive an endorsement on their existing EUSR card "Locate Utility Services" valid for 3 years
Once you have completed your training event, we don't want to end it there
Follow up coaching on practical techniques is available ( to all Adb Safety and Training - locate Utility Services candidates ) free of charge if booked within 28 days following training (that means you can come back to the centre and go through any practical element of location techniques at a pre arranged time / date.
Induction - Direct Connection - Nulling out
We are here to help
Safety in Location