Adb Safety and Training Ltd
Emergency First Aid
( 1 Day)
EUSR Endorsed programme
This replaces the old one day " First Aid Appointed Person " course
Who should attend
The 1 day course is designed for employees who are required to take charge of an emergency situation should the need arise.
To give the candidate a basic introduction to first aid, covering a range of first aid principles to follow when a more qualified first aider is not available.
Following training the delegates will be able to:
• Describe the key principals of the safety (first aid)
• Describe the role of the " Emergency First Aider"
• Check the contents of First Aid Kits (and avoiding
• Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely promptly and effectively in an emergency
• Manage an incident
• Describe the priorities of first aid
• Administer First Aid to an unconscious casualty
• Demonstrate resuscitation techniques using CPR and
• Administer First Aid to a casualty suffering from
• Administer First Aid to a choking casualty
• Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
(including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns
and scalds, small splinters).
Successful candidates will be registered with Energy and Utility Skills and have their existing Skills card endorsed with Emergency First Aid ( First Response )on their existing EUSR Card which will be valid for 3 years.