Adb Safety and Training Ltd
BUTT FUSION TECHNIQUES 180MM - 315MM
Experienced operators assessment
A 1 day event that confirms the skills for all service and mains layers to join polyethylene pipe safely using butt fusion techniques.
It is envisaged that the majority of candidates would already be experienced in fusion techniques with this in mind the Assessment venue would ordinarily be on the customers site on a working area set aside for training an assessment purposes)
To establish previous experience all candidates will go through a Knowledge Analysis Profile prior to training commencing
What is expected
- To state the essential elements required to make successful joints using Butt Fusion methods.
- To demonstrate the ability to join PE pipes together in line with industry standards.
- To correctly set up Butt Fusion equipment ready for operation.
- To correctly introduce PE pipe into machines to eliminate joint fault.
- To demonstrate the ability to use various machines provided.
- To apply a level of quality assurance to completed joints.
- To carry out the Butt Fusion process in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
Revision Theory is delivered in a classroom environment but there is an emphasis on hands on practical application of skills to joint pipe.
What do I need to bring with me?
Delegates should bring safety boots and safety glasses, overalls and working gloves.
Successful completion of the assessment will merit the qualification to be registered and endorsed on the operatives current EUSR Card
Those candidates with a current certification up to 180mm the course is reduced to 1/2 day