Adb Safety and Training Ltd
( Utility based )
The training is suitable for individuals who may come into contact with asbestos as part of their daily work activity such as: Gas and Water Civil engineers, general maintenance staff; electricians, domestic gas fitters; plasterers; roofers; fire and burglar alarm installers; shop fitters; painters and decorators; demolition workers; heating and ventilation engineers; computer installers; plumbers; joiners; construction workers; telecoms engineers and building surveyors
This course will raise the awareness of individuals to the potential dangers of asbestos exposure and individuals whose responsibilities include the management of asbestos in their buildings.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Discuss the origins of Asbestos and where it is found
- Outline the health hazards caused by asbestos and its routes of entry into the body
- Identify the locations/products where asbestos containing materials are likely to be found
- Outline the basic occupiers duties in relation to asbestos
It is estimated that over two-million workplaces contain asbestos, which remains the single biggest cause of work related deaths in the UK.
- What is asbestos?
- Health hazards of asbestos;
- Asbestos in buildings or in the ground;
- Asbestos legislation;
- Asbestos waste;
- Emergency procedures;
- Pass a Multiple choice question paper
Please note the completion of this course does not qualify the candidate to work directly on AC products - You will need to attend a Cat B course to do this
We understand the constraints of work / production commitments. We are therefore pleased to announce that we can now offer weekend training events if required